Coaching Skills for Managers and Team Leaders: a 3 day programme
Time & Location
About The Event
Coaching Skills for Managers and Team Leaders: a three day programme
Introduction: Many organisations now aim to create a culture of coaching in the workplace and have the intention of making coaching an intrinsic part of the talent programme. The CIPD annually report that coaching is a growing element in learning and development strategies for most organisations.
The role of the line manager has become crucial in recent years as organisations look to develop engagement and commitment from their staff in the face of increasingly competitive environments.
Coaching has produced significant results in motivating and performance managing employees. Coaching is increasingly used in learning and talent development, in performance management and to support organisational development and change.
This programme will give managers and team leaders a portfolio of approaches and a range of skills to effectively coach people in their organisation.
Who will benefit: This programme is aimed at organisations who wish to introduce or develop coaching as a learning and development intervention and managers and team leaders who wish to develop their coaching skills.
Coaching enables organisations to:
- improve performance
- build relationships and communication
- develop motivation and engagement
- increase commitment and initiative
- align individual, team and organisational goals
Unit 1: The manager as coach
Examines the nature of coaching and the role of the manager as coach. participates will be able create a culture that will encourage the development of coaching and describe the role of coaching for improved organisational performance.
Unit 2: Coaching, managing, learning and change.
Analyses the nature of individual learning, individual and organisational change and best practice in sing coaching as a management intervention.
Unit 3: The coach / manager and the motivation of high performing individuals and teams.
Participants will be able to use the tools and techniques of the key approaches in motivational psychology. They will be able to distinguish between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation to enable individuals and teams create tangible results and performance.
Unit 4: Coaching beliefs and values
Describes and analyses the role of coaching in supporting the achievements of individual and team goals and identifies the role of values and beliefs in coaching conversations.
Unit 5: Communication and interpersonal skills for effective coaching
Manager will be able to explain the role of questioning, listening, observing and other communication skills in coaching and use a variety of questioning styles and other interventions to encourage personal and team development.
Unit 6: Using coaching models
Examination of the use of a range of coaching models and approaches including
- GROW model
- Behavioural Model
- Positive psychology model
- Intentional change model
- Critical reflective approach
- Emotional intelligence
- Ontological coaching
- NLP techniques
- Participant support:
- Our programmes include the following participant support features ;
- 1. A formal taught programme bringing together participants to engage and interact with the most current research, theories, models and practices.
- 2. Initial and formative assessment profiling participants using a range of assessments techniques
- 3. A Virtual Classroom or Forum that can be accessed by all programme participants. The purpose of the classroom is to enable participants to communicate and support each other in their learning and development.
- 4. Coaching and Mentoring to individualise the participant’s experience through the lifetime of the programme.
- 5. Focus on work based real time challenges because our programmes our not only about developing the individual but are designed to add value to the organisation.
- 6. The development of critical reflection and analytical skills enable participants to look further than the “taken for granteds” and see new possibilities, new ways of doing and behaving and crucially develop their abilities to analyse, synthesise and evaluate.
- Cost: Cost: £375 per delegate. This event can be tailored to your specific needs and delivered as an in-house event.
- To discuss any aspect of our work please contact Bill Christopher on;
- tel: 0151 558 0665 or 07739508259
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- online: www.bcaleadership.co.uk